Lead Surgical Technician for High Volume Spay Neuter Clinic
Website POA SPAY | Protectors of Animals
Candidate must understand the importance of spay/neuter and our mission here at POA SPAY!
Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a professional attitude. We are looking for someone with a willingness to learn and grow within our team.
Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary assistants with pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients, general cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Knowledge and ability to intake and release patients, including delivering post-operative instructions in a competent and friendly manner
2. Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions
3. Able to prep patients for surgery, observing all clinic procedures, to enforce sterility and safety of patients
4. General duties in the operating room during surgery, assisting with movement of patients, recovery of patients, and general flow
5. Able to follow all cleaning protocols for disease management in the clinic for prep, surgery, kennels and as applies to laundry cleaning
6. Able to make surgical packs as instructed to specifications of our surgeon
7. Communicate in effective and professional manner with public, trainees, and all POA SPAY! staff members
8. Represent the POA SPAY! clinic in a professional and courteous manner at all times
9. Follow all written and verbally communicated departmental standard operating procedures
10. Communicate with clients and assist with rechecks as needed
11. Able to respond appropriately during an emergency, able to take directions from a veterinarian and direct others during the event, and maintain competency during CPR procedures
12. Ability to train as back up to lead veterinary technician to
efficiently pre-medicate, induce, and intubate any and all patients as necessary
become familiar with ability to handle and track controlled substances for large volumes of surgical patients
13. All other duties, as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Must have at least 2 years experience in an OR and Anesthesia
2. Must speak fluent English
**Hourly Rate commensurate with experience.
Our hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7am-5pm.
Resumes only – NO PHONE CALLS please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday (excluding Thursdays)
Ability to commute/relocate:
East Hartford, CT 06118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Veterinary experience: 1 year (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.