Part-time instructors/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for: Veterinary Technology – HigherEdJobs
Part-time instructors/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for: Veterinary Technology
Technical Institute for Environmental Professions
NG – New Gloucester
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.”
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions, located on the Pineland Farms campus of Unity College in New Gloucester, Maine delivers a highly flexible (HyFlex) education leveraging our new campus. The institute is designed to provide an accessible and affordable option to upskill, retrain, or start a brand-new career. Our programs provide preparation for high demand industries from aquaculture, to data analytics, to veterinary technology, and more. Our programs are built on the principles of competency-based education allowing learners to attain Associate degrees.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions at Unity College is seeking qualified, innovative, and enthusiastic individuals to teach, or provide subject matter expertise, in the following areas: Instructors are required to teach in person at the New Gloucester campus whereas subject matter experts can be remote.
- Veterinary Technology
The courses are offered in a HyFlex modality where some learners will attend the class face-to-face while others will remote into the class in addition to online learning. Class sessions will be recorded and made available to learners for review and reference. Each term is two weeks, courses will be scheduled on either Tuesdays and Thursday or Wednesdays and Fridays for an hour and a half a day in the following time slots:
The Hyflex portion of the instruction will take place on campus in New Gloucester, Maine on the Pineland Farms campus.
- For licensed professions, a current, valid license is required and a minimum of an Associates degree
- For workforce courses, the minimum required is an Associate degree with three years of relevant experience; a bachelors is preferred
- For general education courses, a masters degree is required.
- For instructors only: Previous teaching/training experience is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable with navigating technology
- Must have the ability to comfortably use Zoom, Microsoft Office, Internet (technology support is available)
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, particularly in front of a camera and a classroom/audience
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college
- A commitment to learner success
The Location & Times:
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions is located in New Gloucester, Maine, on the Pineland Farms campus. Classes are offered in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
These are temporary, part-time positions and are not eligible for benefits.