SPAY/NEUTER SURGEON – $10,000 Signing Bonus
Website All About Animals Rescue
SPAY/NEUTER SURGEON – $10,000 Signing Bonus
Flint or Warren, Michigan. Love spay/neuter surgery? Committed to ending pet overpopulation? Passionate about No More Homeless Pets? Maybe you’re looking for a change? We want you!
Seeking experienced, confident, caring veterinary surgeon for growing high-quality, high-volume, spay and neuter animal welfare organization focused on cats and dogs.
Non-surgical associate veterinarian opportunities also available. Ask us!
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- $10,000 signing bonus for Full Time. PT bonus – $5,000
- Full Time at 4 days
- Low stress, no up sales ever, minimal client interaction, no holidays, no on-call
- Competitive pay
- Bonus pay
- SIMPLE IRA and employee matching
- Medical insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Dental insurance: Sun Life
- Paid: licensing, CE, MVMA and AVMA memberships
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee discount
- All About Animals Rescue is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
ABOUT SPAY/NEUTER SURGERY
- Start at 8 am. Usually out by 4 – 5 pm.
- 2 to 3 surgeons on per day.
- Flint currently provides surgery Tuesday through Saturday. Warren currently provides surgery Monday through Friday.
- Brief exam for cats or dogs. Visual exam of community cats in traps
- Spay/neuter procedures may include cryptorchid, hernia repair, pyometra, pregnant animals, animals with prolapsed uterus, overweight animals. If you are interested in performing other surgical procedures, occasionally our spay/neuter patients need one of the following: laceration repair, amputation, dental extraction, dewclaw removal or enucleation.
- Pediatric spay/neuter – 8 weeks old when weighing 2 lb or more
- Experienced surgeon goal of 35 sterilizations per work day (mixture of cats and dogs) with bonus pay for reaching goal. Additional bonuses for each subsequent surgery. We realize not everyone starts out high volume! Training for high volume available.
- Our spay/neuter clinics follow the gold standard in spay/neuter medical care guidelines; modeled after the ASPCA/Humane Alliance, observing the Association of Shelter Veterinarians’ Veterinary Task Force to Advance Spay/Neuter protocols.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Maybe you’d like to practice a mixture of care? We have 4 stationary clinics offering different care programs:
- Warren: HQHVSN, Walk-in Wellness Care, Telemedicine, Dental Prophylaxis. Clinic offers onsite blood work, lab, pharmacy, prescription diets.
- Flint: HQHVSN, Access to Care (affordable full service care), Walk-in Wellness Care, Dentistry. Clinic offers onsite blood work, lab, pharmacy, digital x-rays, ultrasound, laser, dental x-rays, high speed dental unit.
- Auburn Hills: Walk-in Wellness Care, limited ill care
- Southwest Detroit: Wellness care, limited ill care
HIGH VOLUME SPAY/NEUTER SURGEON REQUIREMENTS
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
- Valid Michigan Veterinary License or able to obtain
- Ability to safely perform a high number of spay/neuters during the work day
- Ability to perform spay/neuters that include cryptorchid, hernia repair, overweight animals, pyometra, prolapsed uterus and pregnant animals
- Ability to communicate with the client if needed and with staff
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive surgery for long hours
- Love of and compassion for both cats and dogs. Many times we are our patients’ only option for care. We aim to provide it
It’s beautiful! No matter where you are in the state, you’re less than 85 miles away from one of the 4 Great Lakes and tons of boating. Enjoy the nation’s longest freshwater coastline, 103 state parks, forests covering over half the state and thousands of miles for hiking, camping and exploring. With all 4 seasons represented, there is always something to do in Michigan.
Outdoors not your thing? You will appreciate the deep culture of arts, opera, symphony, sports, history, architecture, craft beer and phenomenal food. Take in a game with the Tigers, Lions, Red Wings or Pistons. Like travel adventures? Chicago is less than 5 hours away or hop to Canada in as little as 7 minutes.
And if all that’s not enough, the cost of living is substantially lower. Michigan is ranked the 7th lowest of all the states. Enjoy more for less!
ABOUT ALL ABOUT ANIMALS
Founded in 2005 to help end pet overpopulation and pet homelessness, All About Animals Rescue, a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit, is the largest HQHVSN animal welfare organization in Michigan. In addition to spay/neuter, we provide incremental care, walk-in wellness care, traveling community shot clinics, pet adoption and have a robust TNR community cat program. We believe affordable care is a critical piece in preventing pet suffering, overpopulation, relinquishment and shelter euthanasia.
All About Animals Rescue has 4 stationary clinics in Southeast Michigan located in Auburn Hills, Flint, Southwest Detroit and Warren.
By the end of this year, nearly 350,00 cats and dogs will be sterilized since beginning spay/neuter services in 2008. Last year, 36,492 pets were sterilized including 7,766 community cats. Typically, 50,000 patients receive wellness care each year.
Join us in saving Michigan’s pets by passionately serving the public, TNR community cat groups, shelters, rescues and animal control in the pursuit of No More Homeless Pets.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume, interests and availability to Catherine: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org